May 25 – June 1, 2016
This time we combine “work” with pleasure… Well, that is if you count Margreet’s swimming and Fredde’s photography as work which I think many of you will agree to 😉
Our main reason for this trip is for Margreet to compete in The European Aquatics Masters Championships and it will also be our first time in London together!
For the first time we will try Airbnb, we are really exciting! We instantly fell in love with “Beautiful Double w. own Bathroom” a.k.a. El & Julian Residence on Victoria Park and close by London Aquatics Centre.
May 26, 27 & 29, 2016
Margreet is competing in Age Group 35-39.
Hopefully we will all be able to follow our star swimmer at http://www.dailymotion.com/lentv but we are still not 100% sure…
50 m Breaststroke Women
May 26, 2016
Margreet will swim in the small pool. The time is very uncertain but we think sometime between 12:30 and 14:30.
- Warmup before heat 60
- Compete in heat 83 and lane 2
The heat is the best heat for the age group and Margreet signed up with the time 35.55. The other’s signed up times in her heat are between 33.85 and 35.69.
100 m Breaststroke Women
May 27, 2016
Margreet will swim in the big pool. The time is very uncertain but we think sometime between 11:30 and 13:30.
- Warmup before heat 46
- Compete in heat 66 and lane 2
The heat is the best heat for the age group and Margreet signed up with the time 1:17.29. The other’s signed up times in her heat are between 1:12.00 and 1:20.00.
50 m Freestyle Women
May 29, 2016
Margreet will swim in the small pool. The time is very uncertain but we think sometime between 12:00 and 14:00.
- Warmup before heat 67
- Compete in heat 98 and lane 5
The heat is the 2nd best heat for the age group and Margreet signed up with the time 28.50. The other’s signed up times in her heat are between 28.50 and 28.80 while the times in the best heat are between 27.00 and 28.21.
The first question we need to ask ourselves is not “What to do in London?” but rather “What NOT to do in London!?”
Well, it’s actually a rather pleasant problem and we have started to cherry pick our way through The City and its surroundings…
Wednesday May 25
- Most probably a quiet evening and night…
Thursday May 26
- Walk around in Victoria Park
- Bike to Draughts – A game board café
Friday May 27
- Walk around Gunmakers Ln
- Bike to clueQuest – The Live Escape GAME
- Take the tube (Victoria) to Golden Union Fish Bar – the British fave, fish and chips
- Take the tube (Bakerloo) to London Eye – A view of London 135m up in the air!
- Walk around, e.g. go to Big Ben – A very, very big clock…
Saturday May 28
- Bus (8->78) to Maltby Street Market – Cool street food and more…
- The tube (Jubilee) to Houses of Parliament guided tour + afternoon tea – Does it get any more British than this…?
- Bike to Harrods – Shop ’til you drop! Err, look ’til you drop is more within our budget here…
- Find someplace nice to eat or maybe hanging with swim buddies and their significant other
Sunday May 29
- Walk around the Olympic Park
- Hop on Hop off Bus Tour – The double-decked way to see London
- West Minister Abbey – “Collegiate Church of St. Peter at Westminster” (another mouthful… 😉 )
- Saint Paul’s Cathedral – A house of prayers
Monday May 30
- Brunch at Sky Garden – High up in the air!
- Walk to London Bridge Experience – Scary as…
- Walk to and stroll Borough Market – Food market
- Walk to The Tower of London – “Her Majesty’s Royal Palace and Fortress of the Tower of London” (that’s a mouthful… 🙂 )
- Walk to Tower Bridge – London through a glass floor
- Covent Garden – A place of full entertainment
- Kinky Boots at Adelphi Theatre
Tuesday May 31
- Thames River Cruise – Enjoy London from the Thames
- Greenwich – 0° longitude and more…
- The tube (Jubilee) to The Sherlock Holmes Museum – The world’s most famous address – 221b Baker Street
- Walk to Madame Tussauds – “Wax on wax off”
- Regent’s Park with Primrose Hill – A Royal Park…
Wednesday June 1
- The tube (District) to Buckingham Palace – An old queen, beefeaters and more… Guard change at 11:30.
- Walk to St James’s Park – Just another Royal Park…
The unplanned cherries
- Kew Gardens – Royal Botanic Gardens
- Biking – Experience London on two wheels
- Lee Valley – It’s all about getting wet…